Saturday, December 11, 2010

outdoor drawing class

Yesterday, we went outdoor for a landscape drawing lesson. We've done oil and soft pastel last few weeks, yesterday was watercolor. We went with 2 kbu vans to Mount Kiara park. It's a park which covers the whole mountain with some forest and hills.

We stopped twice at different spots to paint. I sat with some friends, kinda like a group of us in a few spots. Both spots I sat was under the sun. And for the second time we stopped, we sat there to finish the final: watercolor painting on an A2 size watercolor paper. Imagine painting a painting that big takes how much time than the first A3 sketches? I sat under the sun and finish most of it until our lecturer finally call it a day. We were suppose to hand that painting in that day itself, but many were far from finishing barely half of their painting, so Mr Adi said we may hand it in by next Friday. I know maybe when you are reading this, we might think "hey! who ask you to be so stupid, purposely go pick a sunny place to sit". I was aiming for a place before the bridge, it's a jambatan tergantung. plus when we started, it wasn't that sunny. But as the day pass, the sun changes it's position you know.

And now, my back is aching from sun burn. I was back-facing the sun when I paint so the front of my body didn't kena sun burn. When we (the whole class) went back from the park, my friend told me my back looked reddish, I thought he meant a reddish spot so I answered, "maybe I got bitten by some bug" cause I was feeling on my back.

And another thing. On our way back, we only got 1 van rather than 2, so we have to packed in it. the back sits of the van was meant for 12 but we have 20, but nevertheless, we fit in it. Pity us.

No comments: