Saturday, October 16, 2010

16/10/10

-Ziqi got her own violin today but she have to leave it in the skul. I've put fingering stickers on her violin. She didn't learn much because I was busy tuning and fixing her violin.

-Chew Ming came in first. He was better than Nick in terms of concentration. Nick was tired after his piano lesson with Amy when he came in, but he was still hyper in the end when he recover, therefore he learn nothing today. He doesn't have his own violin and so he doesn't practice at all. At least Chew Ming learn a song today. Next month, I'm surely separating them. These boys like games maybe I should put that into teaching them more effectively.

-Zhi Xin didn't bring her practical books so we did theory today. I explain time signature too complicated to her. She can't understand at first but I teach her as she did her work, a little more effective. I can see she's understanding it but still not confident.

-Christopher got his result today. He got 111, a pass for Grade 1 practical. The examiner wrote he's techniques were not strong yet. He mentioned bow and timing. His aural test got full marks. I gave him a patience lesson again today. He overcome shifting form A to D string. He was playing more in tune.

-Ruvisha, she practiced. Her violin strings keep loosening. I spend most of the lesson tuning her violin. She can do straight bowing now, it's just that she haven't make it a habit to implement it when she plays. Which is what makes her music sound imperfect.

-Sao Chyi didn't bring her old books as I told her to. She did well in learning and playing the new exam piece. She now know the correct D Major (separate bows) in the exam syllabus. D major's ok but she can't play G major smoothly yet.

-Xue Ying was unable to realize her weakness again today- her tempo. She know today she's been clicking the fingers too high. I told her to be careful not to draw on other string but I think she doesn't get it. She failed to do well in those songs that I've ask her to practice, I ask her to keep practicing. I know that she's packed with one week of schedule of where to go, what to do. She said she have no time to practice because she's got a drawing to complete. She's playing violin in front of her mom every Saturday.

-Yu Hang was absent.

Penny did not bring her viola today. Amy ask me if any of the students is ready for exam. I gave him only Sao Chyi for sure and Christ for maybe. I think she doesn't look satisfied. Exam is one of the income of the skul what.

No comments: