Thursday, January 21, 2010

'ding' (in case you don't know, it's a sound effect)

I've been really bored these days. It's free from SPM pressure, but bored with TOTALLY NOTHING TO DO. (except forcing myself to study that stupid JPJ book to pass undang test)

Today, in a cloudy afternoon, I was wondering around the house (picture it), heading for the TV remote control, a magazine 'The Pearl' caught my attention with its red and golden front page. I decided to head for that magazine.

Loosing interest with my dear TV (sorry...), I went up stairs and read a article of 'Earn The Extras'. It's about earning some cash besides depending on a single pay check. I though I can also start a business by selling some craft since I have plenty of time now.
For now, I'm planning everything in my head. I want to sell festive cards through a blog, trying to take in any possible inspiration, make contact with Yee Leng to ask for tips...

Quite exited now.. I told Pa, Ma and Wan Teng about my thought. PaMa told me to do something else.
Pa said>> tuition for our Taman. Cos our taman very pedalaman, people need to go far out to get tuition. Sure got demand.
Ma said>> I think you should offer violin lesson, cos it's better chance than selling cards
Teng said>> I think selling cards is better
I think >>It's best to work at home.

I should finish everything I'm doing now first so that I'm more organized. I'm starting to clear my school stuff, study undang. Doing research too, to kick start my business. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Yee Yen said...

I agree with mummy most. I think you will have most chance teaching violin. Second I will go with pa because you just finished SPM and you know the tips to give to student who are going to take exam. But if you enjoy making hand made card like me then just do a few in your spare time, but don't expect good business because this kind of business is very competitive and it's very difficult to sell and make money. Good luck in the undang test, should be piece of cake compared to SPM.

♥ Miss Happy ♥ said...

I think hand made card might b work...bt if make it 4 valentine's day / Chinese New Year..bt not make using A4 paper..i thinking a plan to earn xtra money too..by selling valentine's day card+delivery.bt i dun hv supplier for the card..