Saturday, January 16, 2010

How you talk to the gods?

Everyone talk differently to the gods? With different language, tone n bla bla...

Few days ago, me, Wan Cheng and mum went to the temple to light a lamp of blessing for my big sis, Yee Yen. First thing upon stepping into the temple, we'll donate some money and go on in front every gods to say a prayer.

Last time when I was here, my parents light a lamp to give me luck in my spm, but I was 'rejective' to it, so my mum wrote 'health and safety' as the request for that lamp. This time, I came back and thank the gods.

I told the first god, "thank you for blessing me in my spm".
to the second god, "thank you for blessing me in my spm... if you have"
the third god pulak, "thank you for blessing me in my spm... if you have."
and.. I'm not sure it's me or the god, said, "the person you should be thanking is your parents, they are the ones who were blessing you".

I also request to the second god to give me luck to recover from my sickness, "but it's good to get sick once in a while". Then, I thought of that quote 'don't simplt talk in front of a god'.
(Continue to talk to the god) "I hope that everything would go well", so that my request is not directly focssing on my health, that I would recover SLOWLY.

I'm young and don't really understand my religion's teachings. Walking around the temple, I'm curious if there's anything in that steel body (god statue), it's just a statue but people pray to them for health, wealth and etc.

Wan Cheng once told me that praying, doesn't necessary mean that you have to talk to the god. I see mum went in front of the god a few times. Seems like she have a lot of stuff to tell the god. She pray with her eyes closed, I wonder how and what she's telling the gods...

2 comments:

Wan Cheng said...

Ah lee u're so cute!! I love this, especially the 4th paragraph =)

I was thinking the same thing as well.. I tot, if Mommy was given 3 wishes, she'd use all of them on us (the whole family).. For our results, for Pa's career, for health of those who are sick.. Mommy is so good......

ginnypeo said...

Ya, I agree..
love to get pujian, tq^^